Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Portal lookout.
Getting there and parking
Portal lookout is in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Take Great Western Highway to Glenbrook
- Turn off the highway at Ross Street, opposite Glenbrook Oval, and follow through town to the end
- Turn left onto Burfitt Parade, which becomes Bruce Road.
- Continue around 2.5km beyond the park entry gate, crossing the causeway, then turn left towards Euroka
- Turn left onto Mount Portal trail and continue to the end.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Portal lookout, including several designated disabled spots.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This area is fully wheelchair-accessible
- There is a short, all access path to the lookout
- in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- From the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April: park gates are open 8.30am to 7pm.
- Rest of the year: park gates are open 8.30am to 6pm.
$8 per vehicle per day applies at attractions in the Glenbrook area.Buy annual pass