Woomargama National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Norths Lookout.
Getting there and parking
Norths lookout is in the western section of Woomargama National Park. To get there:
- From Albury, travel north on Hume Highway.
- Take the Woomargama exit
- Turn right into Tunnel Road and travel about 10km
- Turn left on to Tin Mines trail and travel about 13km to Norths lookout
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Norths lookout can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available, a short walk from Norths lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Woomargama National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The crisp air offers excellent conditions for exploring either on foot or by mountain bike.
Many of the wildflowers are in bloom; including the pale-pink common fringe myrtle; native fuchsia, with its red bell-shaped flowers, and the yellow bitter-peas.
Camp in the bushland by Basin Creek, where it's cool, at Tin Mines campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 30°C
5°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You'll need to bring your own drinking water
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720