Woomargama National Park
Offering scenic views of Murray Valley, Snowy Mountains and Riverina, see Australian landscapes from Norths lookout, where you can picnic and relax.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
At about 1000m above sea level, Norths lookout is where you go when you want to see for miles. This natural granite platform offers 180-degree scenic views of entire regions: Upper Murray Valley, the western face of Snowy Mountains, Riverina district and the town of Holbrook. There’s an interpretive board onsite to help you identify this outstanding Australian landscape.
You’ll need your 4WD to get here and once you’ve arrived you won’t be disappointed. Be sure to take your binoculars and camera on this sightseeing visit as you’ll want to photograph and remember these scenic views well beyond your time here.
Near the lookout, you’ll also see beautiful flowers, especially during spring. Common fringe myrtle and native fuchsia, with its red bell-like blossoms, all compete for your attention. Birdwatchers should note that birds of prey are known to swoop through the sky near the lookout, and wallabies often visit this area.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in Woomargama National Park in the Murray-Riverina and Snowy Mountains regions
Woomargama National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.