Mount Kaputar Summit lookout
Mount Kaputar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Kaputar Summit lookout.
Getting there and parking
Mount Kaputar summit lookout is in the Kaputar Plateau precinct of Mount Kaputar National Park. To get there:
- Follow Kaputar Road from the park entrance for 20km of steep, single-lane road until you reach the T-junction, where you turn left and follow the one-way loop.
- The base of the summit lookout is 900m
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Mount Kaputar summit lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Kaputar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is one of the best times of year to visit the park, with ideal temperatures for bush walking, cycling and camping.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy the abundant wildflowers and birds.
Escape the heat of the plains by heading up into the park.
Experience the mist surrounding the high plateau area and enjoy the beauty of the occasional blanketing of snow. Be prepared for the temperatures about 10°C cooler than in the nearby town of Narrabri.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
21°C and 35°C
7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it's a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.