Morton National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mannings lookout.
Getting there and parking
Mannings lookout is in the Fitzroy Falls area of Morton National Park. To get there:
- From Moss Vale, head towards Nowra along Nowra Road. After passing Fitzroy Falls village, turn left onto Mannings Lookout Road (unsealed) and follow it to the end.
- From Nowra, head up Moss Vale Road toward Fitzroy Falls. Pass through Kangaroo Valley and continue up Barrengarry Mountain. Turn right onto Mannings Lookout Road (unsealed) and follow it to the end.
- From Robertson, head west along Illawarra Highway, turn left onto Pearson Lane then right onto Myra Vale Road. At the end, turn left onto Nowra Road, then left onto Mannings Lookout Road (unsealed) and follow it to the end.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the end of Mannings Lookout Road.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Morton National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Grab an oar and canoe down the Shoalhaven River or the Kangaroo River. Autumn rains create ideal conditions for river paddling, and you'll find good spots for beginners as well as for more experienced paddlers.
Take the Three Views or Granite Falls walking tracks to see wildflowers in colourful bloom.
The rainforests of Morton National Park are a great place to escape the summer heat – try the Erith Coal Mine track at Bundanoon or the nearby Fairy Bower Falls walk.
Maps and downloads
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
You're encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass