Dunggir National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Kosekai lookout.
Getting there and parking
Kosekai lookout is in the central precinct of Dunggir National Park. To get there:
- From Bowraville, drive north west along North Arm Road
- Turn left in to Lower Bucka Bendinni Road
- Turn left into Hanging Rock Road and continue into Dunggir National Park
- Turn left into Kosekai Road and continue for approximately 1.3km to the lookout.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Kosekai lookout can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Kosekai lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Dunggir National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Spring offers the most comfortable temperatures to visit the park, and some hillsides bloom in the unmistakable red of flame trees, particularly around Kosekai lookout.
The crisp air of winter provides the clearest views of the surrounding region, so photographers should come mid-year or in late Autumn.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17.4°C and 28.8°C
6.3°C and 20.3°C
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450