Clyde River National Park
Get a wonderful bird’s-eye view of Clyde River and scenic views of the district at Holmes lookout, a popular picnic spot that’s perfect for a birdwatching day trip.
- Clyde River National Park in South Coast
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
Sitting up high on the ridge line, Holmes lookout offers spectacular scenic views looking out over mighty Clyde River as it winds its way towards the sparkling blue of the Pacific Ocean.
You’ll see Batemans Bay to the southeast and glimpses of the beautiful Budawang Ranges to the northwest. Breathe deeply and take in the fresh air and smells of the Aussie bush.
Pack a picnic, sit back and enjoy the views with a hot cuppa and a gourmet feast. It’s only a short drive from Batemans Bay, so you can do a whole day trip or just watch the sunset, then head back to town in time for dinner.
Set among the beautiful tall gums, it’s also a fantastic spot for birdwatching, particularly early morning and late afternoon. Look out for vibrantly coloured parrots and laughing kookaburras in the branches above. You’ll also see honeyeaters, treecreepers, yellow robin and eastern spinebills.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Clyde River National Park in the South Coast region
Clyde River National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (45)
- Aboriginal culture (4)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (24)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Fishing (9)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Horse riding (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (9)
- Sightseeing (24)
- Snorkelling and scuba (7)
- Surfing (4)
- Swimming (17)
- Walking (28)
- Waterfalls (2)