Gerrin Point lookout
Bouddi National Park
Experience stunning views at Gerrin Point Lookout, a short walk from Putty Beach in Bouddi National Park on the NSW central coast. Enjoy whale watching during the winter months, birdwatching or just absorb the view.
- Bouddi National Park in Sydney and surrounds
- Medium. Gerrin Point lookout is located along the Bouddi Coastal walk, which requires a moderate fitness level.
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply in the Putty Beach area only
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, drinking water
Soak up the scenery at Bouddi National Park’s Gerrin Point lookout.
Gerrin Point lookout is located along Bouddi coastal walk, reached from the eastern end of Putty Beach. It’s easy to find from Putty Beach, simply follow the track for about 1.2km, and then climb the stairs to a boardwalk which leads to the Gerrin Point lookout.
Once there, you’ll be rewarded with panoramic views of Maitland Bay and the Bouddi National Park Marine Extension. Backed by the Bouddi Grand Deep rainforest, these views are second-to-none. There’s a comfortable bench built into the lookout fence, making it an ideal spot to rest your legs and take in the coastal views and sea air. The lookout can get quite windy some days – bring a jacket and insect repellent to keep the mozzies at bay. If you're there during whale watching season, you're in for an extra treat.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Bouddi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bouddi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines that accept both card and coins.Buy annual pass
Things to do (140)
- Aboriginal culture (24)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (29)
- Cafes and kiosks (3)
- Canoeing/paddling (8)
- Cultural heritage (4)
- Cycling (14)
- Educational activities (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (3)
- Fishing (8)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (18)
- Horse riding (7)
- Other experiences (4)
- Photography (4)
- Picnics and barbecues (18)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (8)
- Sightseeing (52)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Swimming (5)
- Visitor centres (3)
- Walking (81)
- Waterfalls (9)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (15)