Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Evans lookout.
Getting there and parking
Evans lookout is in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park.To get there:
- Take Great Western Highway towards Blackheath
- Turn on to Evans Lookout Road, east of Blackheath village
- Follow Evans Lookout Road around 3km to its end, where you'll reach the Evans lookout carpark.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Evans lookout.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Wheelchair accessibility is limited at Evans lookout due to a steep incline with steps between the car park and the lookout. We recommend nearby Govetts Leap lookout instead.
Please note that climbing and abseiling are prohibited at this lookout.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.