Cape Hawke lookout
Booti Booti National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Cape Hawke lookout.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Cape Hawke lookout is in the northern precinct of Booti Booti National Park. To get there:
- From Forster, drive south along The Lakes Way for approximately five minutes
- Turn left into Cape Hawke Drive
- Follow signs to Cape Hawke lookout
Park entry points
- Cape Hawke carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Cape Hawke lookout including designated bus parking. It can be a busy place on the weekend, when parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Booti Booti National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
See the park's magnificent wildflower displays as they bloom across the heathlands.
Swim at the seasonally patrolled Elizabeth Beach or kayak in Wallis Lake, whilst staying at the nearby Ruins campground.
Visit Cape Hawke lookout to watch whales migrating off the coast.
Maps and downloads
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Booti Booti National Park in the North Coast region
Booti Booti National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass