Goobang National Park
Take a short, easy walk from the carpark to Caloma lookout to get incredible views out over Goobang National Park. It’s a great day trip from Parkes, Dubbo, or Peak Hill.
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
Caloma lookout is set on one of the highest points in the Wanda Wandong sector of Goobang National Park.
A short 50m stroll leads to the rewarding westerly views. It’s a great place to truly appreciate the diverse range of plant and animal life this incredible park has to offer. From the lookout you can often spot birds of prey, such as wedge-tailed eagles, brown goshawks and brown falcons, soaring across the sky.
Black cypress pines, grevilleas, lomandras and heath line the path to the lookout. There are many tall grass trees in this area too, some of which are believed to be hundreds of years old.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Goobang National Park in the Country NSW region
Goobang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.