Bull Hole lookout
Jervis Bay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bull Hole lookout.
Getting there and parking
Bull Hole lookout is in the northern precinct of Jervis Bay National Park. To get there:
- Travel south through Nowra on Princes Highway
- Turn left off Princes Highway at Forest Road - follow the signs to Currarong.
- Continue in a generally easterly direction. Once you’re on Currarong Road, travel approximately 6.4km before taking the small dirt track set amongst casuarinas hard on your left.
- Follow the dirt track for approximately 200m to the carpark
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available a very short walk from the attraction. The carpark is small and the road into the carpark is narrow and winding, so it’s not suitable for trailers, caravans, campervans or long vehicles. Such vehicles would need to park on Currarong Road and walk in to the site (approximately 250m). It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you Jervis Bay National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take advantage of spring weather and head to Hyams Beach. You can pick up some fish and chips from the nearby Hyams Beach Café to enjoy on the white sands of this iconic south coast beach. If you're feeling energetic after lunch, walk the easy Hyams Beach trail.
Swim, surf, snorkel and dive your way through the summer school holidays in this beach paradise.
Humpback whales can be spotted migrating northwards in the winter months. Keep an eye out for southern right whales and dolphins too. They're often seen around the park's coastline.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 24°C
10°C and 17°C
April, May and June
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, West Nowra NSW 2541