Bonnie View and Beauchamps Cliffs lookouts
Morton National Park
Enjoy panoramic views at Bonnie View and Beauchamps Cliffs lookouts, in the NSW Southern Highlands. You won't forget these vistas of Morton National Park's breathtaking wilderness.
- Morton National Park in South Coast, Country NSW
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. It’s an easy walk from Echo Point picnic area to Bonnie View lookout but the 100m walk from there to Beauchamps Cliffs lookout is more challenging.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, sturdy shoes, suitable clothing, hat, sunscreen
Bonnie View lookout is slightly lower than Beauchamp Cliffs lookout. You’ll want to experience both for their unique vantage points.
Enjoy a picnic at Echo Point picnic area and then set out along Lovers walking track. It’s only 750m from the picnic area to Bonnie View lookout, and then a further 100m on to Beauchamps Cliffs lookout. If you’re riding Bundanoon cycling route it’s an easy detour to both lookouts.
The lookouts are wonderful to visit all year round, but during spring the bush lights up with wildflowers. Keep an eye out for pink and purple boronias, mountain devils, drumsticks and fuchsias.
You might come across lyrebirds at any time of the day. Digging along the edge of these tracks is one of their favourite things to do. You could even catch sight of a silent wallaby. If you're a birdwatcher, plan to visit early in the morning or in the late afternoon. These are the best times for spotting a variety of woodland birds.
Can you see Bundanoon Creek way down there, winding through the forest at the foot of the escarpment? Bring your camera to take photos of these incredible views.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass