Beaufoy Merlin lookout
Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Beaufoy Merlin lookout.
Getting there and parking
Beaufoy Merlin lookout is in the southern precinct of Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
- Continue driving on Hill End Road into the township, where it becomes Beyers Avenue.
- At the fork in the road, veer right onto Clarke Street.
- At Beyers Cottage, turn right onto Warrys Road.
- Follow the signage for Beaufoy Merlin lookout
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Beaufoy Merlin lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Hill End Historic Site. Here are some of the highlights.
With sunny, dry days and crisp evenings, it's a great time of year for a camping holiday at Hill End – head to the Village campground or the larger Glendora campground. You could even sign up as a Campground Host.
Flowers are at their best this time of the year - enjoy cherry blossoms and blooms in the historic cottage gardens.
The winter light is renowned among artists and photographers - you may even get some shots of snow .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
1°C and 15°C
April and May
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
You can walk your dog at this location. See other regional parks in NSW that have dog walking areas.
- You will need to keep your dog on a leash at all times and remember to pick up after them.
- Dangerous dogs and restricted breed dogs as defined under the Companion Animals Act must be muzzled at all times.
- Dogs are not allowed within 10m of barbecues or picnic tables.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850