Bar Mountain lookout
Border Ranges National Park
Bar Mountain lookout in World Heritage-listed Border Ranges National Park offers scenic views out over Warrazambil Wilderness Area.
- Border Ranges National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
Bar Mountain lookout is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Please note
- This park is in a remote location, so please be well-prepared and tell a family member or friend about your travel plans.
- Consider having reasonably full fuel tanks before arriving as there are no service stations near the park. The closest fuel is at Kyogle, Nimbin or Mount Burrell.
Part of Bar Mountain circuit, this scenic lookout sits atop an escarpment over Collins Creek, offering spectacular views of Black Hand Mountain and beyond to Mount Lindesay and Mount Barney.
The lookout is located about halfway along the track, a walk of approximately one hour from Bar Mountain picnic area. As a result, it’s particularly popular with keen bushwalkers and birdwatchers.
Keep your eyes open for carpet pythons sunning themselves on the track, as well as lyrebirds, land mullets, and the quickly darting red-necked pademelon.
The rainforest gives way to tall wet forest at the escarpment edge near the lookout, which is dominated by flooded gum and blackbutt. Below in Collins Creek, subtropical rainforest flourishes, with the bright red blooms of flame trees visible amongst the canopy in summer.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Border Ranges National Park in the North Coast region
Border Ranges National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system at entry. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy annual pass