Allen Strom lookout
Bouddi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Allen Strom lookout.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Allen Strom lookout is in the Maitland Bay precinct of Bouddi National Park and is accessible via Rocky Point trail, which is suitable for walking and mountain biking.
To get there from Gosford:
- Follow Central Coast Highway towards Erina
- Turn right onto Avoca Drive and continue through Kincumber
- Turn right at Empire Bay Drive
- Turn left into Cochrone Street and then right onto The Scenic Road
- Turn right into Maitland Bay Drive at Maitland Bay Information Centre
- Turn left into Wards Hill Road and continue 50m to the gravel carpark on the left
- Follow the signage along Rocky Point trail to the lookout
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the trail head on Wards Hill Road.
Best times to visit
Take the Bouddi Coastal walk to be amazed by the colourful wildflowers on display in spring.
Cool off with a dip at one the park's gorgeous beaches or try snorkelling at Maitland Bay Surf the popular coastline between MacMasters Beach and Box Head .
Grab the camera and spot humpback whales as they migrate north between May and July.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 17°C
January to March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- in Bouddi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bouddi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines that accept both card and coins, or you can pay via the Park'nPay app.Buy annual pass