Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
This popular 7km horse riding, mountain bike and walking trail in Ku-ring-gai National Park in Sydney’s Terrey Hills area takes you past several beautiful lookouts and picnic spots.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Time suggested
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
If you love horse riding, then it’s time to saddle up and head for the hills; Terrey Hills that is. Perimeter trail is a popular horse riding track, nestled in the bush just north of Sydney. There’s 21 km of scenic trails designated for horse riding, within Ku-ring-gai Chase and Garigal National Parks. However, you can choose to explore on horse-back, mountain bike or foot along these tracks through iconic Australian bushland.
Passing grass trees and magnificent angophoras, this 7km trail traces the edge of the park. Continue to Long Trail, which leads to Peach Trees lookout with spectacular water views across to Cowan Creek.
There’s plenty of walking tracks to further explore the surrounding bushland and waterways. It’s only a short drive to Sphinx Memorial to Bobbin Head loop track.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass