Dthinna Dthinnawan horse riding trails
Dthinna Dthinnawan National Park
The horse riding trails in Dthinna Dthinnawan National Park offer short and long rides for endurance riders, casual riders and trail riding clubs alike.
- Dthinna Dthinnawan National Park
- 70km of trails
- Time suggested
- 2 days
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, suitable clothing, snacks
- Please note
- Horse riders are required to book accommodation at Inverary Homestead, which accommodates 12 guests.
- Contact Tenterfield Office for horse riding maps
- A GPS will be handy in this remote area
- Please read our code of practice for horse riding in parks before you set out on your adventure.
- Please consider minimising the impact of introduced weeds and plants on Dthinna Dthinnawan National Park by feeding horses a weed-free diet for 2 to 4 days prior to any extended trip to reduce the risk of seeds being spread through manure.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
Horse riders can enjoy over 70km of long distance endurance trails and short loops through the national park’s gently undulating wilderness. Whatever you choose, you’re sure to experience a rare sense of remoteness and solitude here.
Starting from Inverary Homestead, the trails are most popular in autumn and winter. In summer you’ll relish the rich orange–coloured trunks of the smooth–barked apple trees shedding their bark. Work up a canter through the magnificent forests of ironbark and cypress pine – there’s bound to be log or two to jump along the way.
There are plenty of scenic spots to enjoy a leisurely picnic while you rest your horses. Or you can ride into nearby Yetman for a pub lunch and a drink at the Codfish Hotel. Along the way, keep an eye out for kangaroos, wallabies, woodland birds and mobs of emus running across the plains.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Dthinna Dthinnawan National Park in the Country NSW region
Dthinna Dthinnawan National Park is closed to the public (gate locked), unless you’re renting Inverary Homestead.