Willandra shearing precinct
Willandra National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Willandra shearing precinct.
Getting there and parking
The Willandra Shearing precinct is 1.5km from the Willandra Homestead precinct in Willandra National Park. To get there:
- From Hillston, drive 53km west along the Mossgiel Trunk Road (unsealed and impassable after rain). Turn north onto the Trida Road and drive another 20km until you see the park entrance signposted on the right (east).
- From the Cobb Highway, turn east at Mossgiel and drive 61km east. Turn north onto Trida Road and drive another 20km until you see the park entrance signposted on the right (east).
- Drive another 10km east along the Willandra Creek trail to reach the Willandra Homestead precinct
- The Willandra shearing precinct is 1.5km south of the Homestead
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at the Willandra shearing precinct
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Willandra National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Like spring, this season is also a time of mild weather.
Spring brings mild weather and fantastic birdwatching opportunities, as well as being the best time for wildflower displays. Drive, cycle or walk the scenic Merton trail or follow the Nilla Yannagalang Billana walking trail to make the most of what's on offer at this time of year.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 32°C
7°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
There is limited water available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680