Hill End Historic Site
General Store is an icon of built heritage in Hill End, inviting you to a unique dining experience surrounded by history, and offering coffee and groceries.
- Historic buildings/places
- Hill End Historic Site
- Opening times
Daily 9am to 3pm. Hours may change seasonally. Closed Christmas Day.
- Please note
- Opening hours for the restaurant vary, so it’s a good idea to call the restaurant on 02 6337 8111 to confirm bookings and opening hours.
- Check your fuel before heading out, as Hill End is in a remote location. However, fuel is available at General Store.
Located right in the centre of this historic township, Hill End’s General Store is a great meeting place before embarking on a walk or Discovery tour. This wheelchair-accessible cafe offers great coffee, meals, groceries and general merchandise.
The store is an excellent example of Hill End’s unique architectural heritage. Originally two separate buildings, the Salvation Army hall was added in the 1880s, on the site that was originally the Colonial Wine and Dining rooms. The Baker and Grocer section dates back to 1872, when it was the heart of this bustling mining community.
Grab some snacks from the cafe and enjoy a leisurely lunch in Bill Lyle Reserve picnic area. Or, if you’re feeling indulgent, tuck into a delicious lunch in the restaurant, surrounded by historic photos in the old Salvation Army hall. Be sure to book ahead during busy times to avoid missing out on this unique dining experience.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.