Davidson Whaling Station
All the practical information you need to know about Davidson Whaling Station.
Getting there and parking
Davidson Whaling Station Historic Site is approximately 10 minutes' drive south from Beowa National Park.
To get there:
- Travel south from Eden on the Princes Highway for 18km
- Turn off at Edrom Road and drive for 11km
- Turn left into Boyd Road
- Drive for 4km to the station’s carpark
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Davidson Whaling Station Historic Site
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Beowa National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
- A gently sloping paved path and boardwalk run down to the historic house
- The try-works site and beach are not wheelchair-accessible
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548