Sturt National Park
Gain insight into the lives of early settlers at Courthouse Museum in Tibooburra, which houses artefacts from the former sheep stations that once stood where Sturt National Park is now.
- Historic buildings/places
- Sturt National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- Courthouse Museum is not staffed but is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Please note
- Telstra mobile phone coverage is available in Tibooburra.
Step back in time and imagine what life must have been like for those who lived and worked on sheep stations in the early 1900s at Courthouse Museum in the Tibooburra township, not far from Sturt National Park.
The courthouse, built in 1887 and designed by colonial architect James Barnett, is located right next door to Sturt Visitor Centre. It offers an intriguing glimpse of those long gone early settler days.
Peruse historic heritage items, such as an old Royal Flying Doctor medical kit, along with items that were purpose-built for use on the six former sheep stations that once stood where Sturt National Park is now. Among these are packsaddles and water tanks for pack horses. There are also photographs and other relics of pastoral, mining and European history in the state’s far north-west.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Sturt Visitor Centre
- Sturt Visitor Centre is always open but it's unstaffed (self service)
- 08 8091 3308
- 51 Briscoe Street, Tibooburra NSW 2880
- in Sturt National Park in the Outback NSW region
Sturt National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass