Captain Cook's Landing Place
Kurnell area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Captain Cook's Landing Place.
Getting there and parking
Captain Cook’s Landing Place is in the Kurnell precinct of Kamay Botany Bay National Park. To get there:
- Follow Captain Cook Drive towards Kurnell
- At the T intersection turn left and take the next right in to Cape Solander Drive
- The visitor centre is on the left a short way after entering the park
- Leave the car here and follow Burrawang walk to the landing place.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Kurnell Visitor Centre, including several designated disabled parking spots.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- The Burrawang walk to the foreshore is accessible for wheelchairs from the Kurnell visitor centre
- There is a section that passes over the dunes that is not wheelchair accessible
- Kurnell Visitor Centre
- CLOSED TO VISITORS. Email and phone contact only. Monday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9.30am to 4pm. Closed Christmas holiday.
- 02 9668 2010
- 21 Cape Solander Drive, Kurnell NSW 2231
- in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–7.30pm August to May. 7am–5.30pm June to July.
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies in the Kurnell area only. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins. The park also has credit card accepting payment facilities.Buy annual pass