Blue Gum Forest
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Blue Gum Forest.
Getting there and parking
Blue Gum Forest is in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National park. Located in the Grose Valley, Blue Gum Forest can only be accessed by foot. To get there:
From Perrys lookdown:
- Take the Great Western Highway to Blackheath
- Turn east into Hat Hill Road and follow the signs to Perrys lookdown
- Leave the car here and follow the challenging Perrys lookdown to Blue Gum Forest walking track.
Alternatively, if starting from Pierces Pass:
- From Bells Line Road, turn west into Pierces Pass Road between Mount Wilson Road and Mount Banks Road
- Follow to the end and leave the car here
- Follow Pierces Pass to Blue Gum Forest walking track.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Perrys lookdown and Pierces Pass.
Toilets and picnic facilities are located at:
- Perrys lookdown
- Govetts Leap lookout
- Pierces Pass
- Acacia Flat campground.
Maps and downloads
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.