Worimi sand boarding adventure in coastal dunes
Worimi National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Spend an unforgettable day sand boarding and exploring spectacular coastal dunes with Port Stephens 4WD Tours.
- Contact Port Stephens 4WD Tours for schedule information.
- Worimi National Park in North Coast
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for people of all ages with basic fitness.
- Contact Port Stephens 4WD tours for pricing.
- Book online or phone (02) 4984 4760 or email Port Stephens 4WD Tours for more information.
- Please note
Bookings are not required but are recommended to avoid disappointment.
Learn to sand board as you discover the southern hemisphere’s largest moving coastal sand dunes by 4WD.
Join the friendly and professional guides of Port Stephens 4WD tours for an off-road journey into the heart of the magnificent Stockton sand dunes in the Worimi Conservation Lands. Soak up this remarkable landscape from the comfort and safety of premium air-conditioned 4WD vehicles.
The fun really begins when your guides show you how to sand board on the pristine dunes. It’s a thrilling and popular activity for all ages, and you’ll learn everything you need for a safe and fun-filled day of unlimited sand boarding.
Port Stephens 4WD Tours is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- Port Stephens 4WD Tours
- 02 4984 4760
- (02) 4984 3790
- in Worimi National Park in the North Coast region
Worimi Conservation Lands are always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Annual NSW Park Passes are not valid for entry to Worimi Conservation Lands.
Visitors to Worimi Conservation Lands need to buy a Beach Vehicle Permit before arriving. Also find out where you can drive your vehicle in Worimi Conservation Lands.
Worimi National Park, Worimi State Conservation Area, and Worimi Regional Park, form part of the Worimi Conservation Lands. Located near Newcastle, the Worimi Conservation Lands are owned and co-managed by the local Worimi Aboriginal community in partnership with NSW National Parks.See vehicle permits
Things to do (138)
- 4WD touring (6)
- Aboriginal culture (9)
- Adventure sports (6)
- Beach (8)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (55)
- Canoeing/paddling (13)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (18)
- Environmental appreciation/study (3)
- Fishing (23)
- Historic heritage (24)
- Horse riding (2)
- Other experiences (3)
- Photography (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (37)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (5)
- Sightseeing (41)
- Snorkelling and scuba (2)
- Surfing (9)
- Swimming (20)
- Walking (51)
- Waterfalls (3)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (2)