Thredbo River fly fishing tour
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Cast a line into crystal clear Thredbo River on a guided Snowy Monaro Fly Fishing tour. Spend a full or half day trout fishing in Kosciuszko National Park. Great for beginners and experienced fly fishers.
Tours run from the October long weekend to the June long weekend, throughout the fly fishing season. Contact Snowy Monaro Fly Fishing for dates.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for adults and teenagers. Tours are customised for all experience and fitness levels. Depending on fitness, you'll walk 1 to 12km.
Contact Snowy Monaro Fly Fishing for pricing.
- Yes. All fly fishing equipment is provided, including rods and waders.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Bookings required. For further information email or call Snowy Monaro Fly Fishing on 02 6452 7650.
On this tour, beginners can learn to fly fish, and the more experienced can be guided to new spots and pick up tips on their approach.
The Thredbo River is a renowned trout fishery, perfect for fly angling at all skill levels. You'll visit parts of the river that are accessible from the Thredbo Valley track. You'll fish in beautiful places that best suit your level of fly fishing experience.
Enjoy superb mountain scenery as you set out to catch a rainbow or brown trout. Your guide, Paul Bourne, has over 25 years experience fly fishing in the region.
Snowy Monaro Fly Fishing is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass