Snowy Mountains Main Range guided hiking tours
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Explore the hidden gems of the Snowy Mountains on a hiking tour with Wilderness Sports. Your friendly guides will take you to places of spectacular beauty along Main Range in Kosciuszko National Park.
Contact Wilderness Sports for a tour schedule.
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. A basic to moderate level of fitness is required for this tour.
Contact Wilderness Sports for pricing.
- Entry fees
Tour price includes park entry fee.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Wilderness Sports on 02 6456 2966. Bookings available on request.
- Please note
- Tours start from Wilderness Sports' Jindabyne shop where you can buy or rent gear and equipment for your hiking tour.
Join Wilderness Sports on a guided hiking tour of Main Range and see the exquisite sights of the Snowy Mountains in Kosciuszko National Park.
On the 4-hour half-day tour, you'll visit unique locations in Porcupine Rocks and Mount Stillwell. Breathe in the crisp alpine air as you learn about the history of this area from your knowledgeable guides. If you time your trip with wildflower season, you'll see the high-country come alive with buttercups, billy buttons and daisies.
On the full-day tour, you can choose to cross the Snowy River at a leisurely pace for views of Blue Lake and Headley Tarn. Or if you’re feeling game, take the challenging trip off-trail from Guthega to Mount Tate for spectacular views of the Jagungal Wilderness.
Overnight mountain tours are also available and can be tailored to the needs of your group.
Wilderness Sports is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass
Things to do (124)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (6)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (11)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (18)
- Educational activities (1)
- Fishing (8)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (14)
- Horse riding (5)
- Other experiences (3)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (22)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (6)
- Show cave tours (6)
- Sightseeing (28)
- Snow sports (27)
- Swimming (8)
- Visitor centres (5)
- Walking (51)
- Waterfalls (9)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (14)