Snowy Mountains Backcountry winter sports tours
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Discover the pristine winter beauty of Kosciuszko National Park by ski, snowboard or snowshoe with the expert guides of Snowy Mountains Backcountry.
- Tours run during the snow season. Contact Snowy Mountains Backcountry for tour dates.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park in Snowy Mountains
- No wheelchair access
- Contact Snowy Mountains Backcountry for pricing.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Snowy Mountains Backcountry on 0400 349 319.
Snowy Mountains Backcountry tours are your passport to the glistening winter wonderland beyond Kosciuszko’s popular ski resorts.
For a safe introduction to the backcountry, try their guided day tour for skiers and snowboarders. You’ll learn new skills and techniques to travel safely and efficiently through the mountains. The tours take place on easier, low-angled slopes, setting you up to progress to their more advanced courses.
If your winter sport is snowshoeing, Snowy Mountains Backcountry has a range of tours for you as well. Travel with your guide across the snowy landscape into the tranquil heart of mountains, with plenty of time to enjoy stunning views of lakes, peaks and valleys.
Snowy Mountains Backcountry is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass