Snowy Mountains 5-day walking tour
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Escape to the Snowy Mountains and explore Kosciuszko National Park with Park Trek. This 5-day guided walking holiday visits highlights like Blue Lake, Thredbo Valley and Mount Kosciuszko.
Tours run for 5 days, starting at 8am on day 1 and finishing at 4.30pm on day 5. Contact Park Trek for dates.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park in Snowy Mountains
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. This walk has some hard grade sections. You'll walk 58km over the 5 days. Contact Park Trek for details.
Contact Park Trek for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or visit the Park Trek website for more information.
Park Trek's multi-day walk in the Snowy Mountains gives you the opportunity to explore this beautiful alpine environment with like-minded souls. You'll pass fabulous granite formations and green alpine meadows filled with wildflowers. Kosciuszko National Park features the highest mountains in Australia so there'll be broad views in all directions.
Highlights of this walk include a visit to the famous Snowy River, reaching the top of Mount Kosciuszko and walking Thredbo Valley. You'll also see Rainbow Lake and Porcupine Rocks, among many other spectacular sights.
With accommodation and most of your meals included, you can focus on discovering the mountains and valleys of Kosciuszko National Park.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass