The Mountain Maid gold mine ghost hunt
Copeland Tops State Conservation Area
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
As night falls, head deep into the woods of Copeland Tops State Conservation Area on a ghost hunt with Newcastle Ghost Tours. Explore Gloucester Museum and the relics at Mountain Maid gold mine by torchlight.
Contact Newcastle Ghost Tours for a tour schedule.
- Easy. A basic level of fitness is required for this tour.
Contact Newcastle Ghost Tours for pricing.
- What to
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Newcastle Ghost Tours on 0411 357 519. Bookings available on request.
- Please note
- The minimum age for this tour is 16 years.
- It’s a requirement of the tour that you wear closed shoes and long pants. This is to protect you as you walk through Copeland Tops State Conservation Area in the dark.
Join Newcastle Ghost Tours as they take you into Copeland Tops State Conservation area on a ghost hunt like no other.
First up is a visit to Gloucester Museum where you’ll see historic artefacts and learn about life during the gold rush. Silent vigils with your guides will reveal if some of the museum pieces can attract spirits and if some are still possessed with the energies of their owners.
Then venture out to Mountain Maid gold mine, deep in the forests of Copeland Tops. Explore the historic relics by torchlight and discover where the miners stayed overnight in the last years of the mine’s operation. Get up close and personal with the machinery at the mine and see if you can hear the ghosts call out amongst the overgrown tracks.
Newcastle Ghost Tours is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Copeland Tops State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Copeland Tops State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.