Mount Kosciuszko guided sunset hikes
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Taken in heavenly sunset views from Australia’s highest peak, then stargaze as you hike back down to Thredbo village on this exciting summer hike with the friendly guides of Thredbo Resort.
- Contact Thredbo Resort for times and dates.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Contact Thredbo Resort for pricing.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Thredbo Resort on 1300 020 589.
Experience the Snowy Mountains at their most magical hour on this 13km sunset hike. With your experienced guide, head up to Mount Kosciuszko, Australia’s highest peak to watch the last rays of daylight dance across the Main Range.
As the stars emerge, put on your headlamp for a magical trek beneath the Milky Way back down to Thredbo village. This summer hike for small groups is a must-do for its breathtaking views and the chance to see Kosciuszko’s unique flora and fauna.
Thredbo Resort is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass