Minyon Falls walking tours
Nightcap National Park
Join Earthbound Tours for a guided walk to Minyon Falls, located in Nightcap National Park, near Byron Bay. You'll walk through ancient rainforest for an up-close look at these spectacular falls.
Contact Earthbound Tours for tour dates.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. A moderate fitness level is required for this tour. Suitable for adults and children, 7 years and over. Guests aged under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.
Contact Earthbound Tours for pricing.
- Meeting point
- Contact Earthbound Tours for information about meeting point and pick-up locations.
- What to
- Bottled water, sturdy shoes, sunscreen, towels, clothes for all weather conditions
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Earthbound Tours on 0466 279 866. Bookings available on request.
- Please note
- This tour operates in all weather conditions. Wet-weather appropriate clothing is recommended on rainy days.
- Pack a towel and swimmers if you wish to swim at the waterfall.
Discover the natural beauty of Byron Bay’s hinterland on this immersive waterfall walk. Your experienced Earthbound Tours guide will lead you through World Heritage-listed rainforest to the base of Minyon Falls.
Your walk starts in expansive eucalypt forest with breathtaking views across the escarpment. Your first stop is Minyon Falls lookout, where you’ll see the impressive waterfall from above. From here, you’ll begin the 2km descent through subtropical rainforest to the base of the falls. Keep an eye out for koalas and Albert’s lyrebirds as you follow the creekside trail to a freshwater pool that's perfect for cooling off with a swim.
Minyon Falls walking tours are offered as half or full day tours. Half-day tours end with a 2km hike back up the hill from Minyon Falls. Full-day tours include a lunch made from locally sourced ingredients and an additional 4km return walk along Boggy Creek.
Earthbound Tours is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Nightcap National Park in the North Coast region
Nightcap National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, fire danger or management operations.