Kosciuszko laser biathlon sessions
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Whether it's summer or winter, give the thrilling sport of biathlon a try. With the help of instructors from NSW Biathlon, you'll learn to combine the skill of laser target shooting with skiing or roller skiing.
Contact NSW Biathlon for times and dates.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Medium to high level of difficulty. Full range of cross-country ski levels available.
- Contact NSW Biathlon for pricing.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call NSW Biathlon on 0406 420 380.
- Please note
- NSW Biathlon provide electronic laser equipment for target practice.
- Winter sessions are held on Perisher Nordic trails.
- You’ll need to bring or hire cross country ski equipment for these on-snow sessions. Local retail hire is available at Perisher.
- Summer sessions are held at a variety of locations, including Jindabyne and Sydney.
- NSW Biathlon provide roller skis for these summer sessions.
- Group sessions and private lessons are available.
- NSW Biathlon has new events and activities available on a regular basis.
These group or private sessions with NSW Biathlon are a great way to try this challenging Olympic sport. Combine the thrill of cross-country skiing with the skill of target shooting in the beautiful surrounds of Kosciuszko National Park.
Come in winter to experience biathlon on Nordic trails with cross-country skis. Or try it in summer on roller skis provided by NSW Biathlon.
Whether on skis or roller skis, you’ll need to embrace the challenge of hitting a laser target with a racing heart. It's an exciting sport that will require you to gain both stamina and precision.
If your first taste of biathlon makes you keen to take your skills further, try masters and athlete development programs on the snow, and at other locations during summer.
NSW Biathlon is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass