Kosciuszko backcountry tours and avalanche training
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, it's a requirement that you wear a mask if you enter an indoor area. Please bring a mask with you on the day.
Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of Kosciuszko National Park and learn new skills with expert guides from Alpine Access Australia.
- Contact Alpine Access Australia for a tour schedule.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. A moderate level of fitness is required and intermediate to advanced snowboarding or skiing ability.
- Contact Alpine Access Australia for pricing.
- Entry fees
Tour price includes park entry fee.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Alpine Access Australia on 0417 673 933.
Kickstart your adventures in Kosciuszko National Park’s pristine winter environment with a range of tours and courses by Alpine Access Australia.
If you want to go beyond the resorts and ride untracked lines, Alpine Access Australia can take you there. Whether you’re a skier or snowboarder, you’ll find tours guided by an experienced professional. Feel the thrill of making fresh tracks, learn new skills and explore untouched places in the backcountry.
Alpine Access Australia also offers avalanche skills courses to help keep you safe in the backcountry. Learn from accredited Canadian Avalanche Association instructors in the classroom and on the slopes. At the end of the Avalanche Canada AST1 courses, you’ll have proficient knowledge in avalanche formations, travelling in avalanche terrain and rescue skills.
Alpine Access Australia is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass