Hawkesbury to harbour walk: Stage 5
Garigal National Park
Tour cancelled for the heath and safety of our visitors and guides. Explore the sights of Garigal and Sydney Harbour national parks when you join this 6-hour, 11km guided walk.
- Garigal National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 15 years and over. Some bushwalking experience recommended. Tracks may have short steep hill sections, a rough surface and many steps.
Adult $20 per person. Concession/child (15 years and over) $15 per person. Family $60 (2 adults and 2 children 15 years and over).
- Meeting point
- Chatswood railway station, Victoria Avenue west, bus interchange Stand F
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, clothes for all weather conditions
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
- Please note
- Bring your lunch, snacks, at least 2 litres of drinking water and walking poles if needed.
- You'll also need your Opal card or money for return travel to Chatswood station.
This series of walks starts at Berowra and finishes at Manly.
On this last walk, we’ll meet at Chatswood Station and take a short bus ride to the Spit Bridge. This classic walk takes in some of the most picturesque parts of Middle and North harbours. We’ll follow the classic Manly scenic walkway along the shoreline, stopping to see Aboriginal engravings and Grotto Point Lighthouse. You'll want to pause and admire the stunning views of Sydney Harbour. We enter Sydney Harbour National Park at Castle Rock. From there, we continue on to Manly.
If you've completed all the stages of the Hawkesbury to Harbour walk, your arrival at Manly marks a considerable personal achievement.
We'll return to Chatswood station by public transport.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Garigal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Garigal National Park is open 6am to 6.30pm (8pm during daylight savings) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies only at Davidson Park only. There are pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day).
Daily entry fee exemption for teachers and educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children) applies only for organised and pre-arranged group bookings.Buy annual pass