Hawkesbury to harbour walk: Stage 2
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Explore the beauty of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. Join this 7hr, 16km guided walk downhill to Bobbin Head, then through lush forest, along creek side trails and over a mangrove boardwalk.
This tour has been cancelled to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for adults and children 15 years and over. Some bushwalking experience recommended. Tracks may have short steep hill sections, a rough surface and many steps.
Adult $20 per person. Concession/child (15 years and over) $15 per person. Family $60 (2 adults and 2 children 15 years and over).
- Meeting point
- Turramurra Station Bus Interchange, Stand D.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, clothes for all weather conditions
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
- Please note
- Bring your lunch, snacks, at least 2 litres of drinking water and walking poles if needed.
- You'll also need your Opal card or money for return travel to Turramarra railway station.
This series of walks starts at Berowra and finishes at Manly.
On this second walk, we begin with a short bus trip from Turramurra Station and downhill walk to Bobbin Head, our previous finish point. From there, we'll walk the Warrimoo track, following Cowan Creek upstream towards its source. The track passes through woodlands of scribbly gum, red bloodwood and open forests. It's a beautiful walking trail with lots of shade through ferns and lush green casuarina forest. It's then an uphill walk, ending at Mona Vale Road, St Ives.
We'll return by public transport to Turramurra station.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass