Guided kayak tours of Ganguddy-Dunns Swamp
Wollemi National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Experience the natural beauty of escarpments, gorges and wildlife on a guided paddling tour of Gunguddy-Dunns Swamp with Southern Cross Kayaking.
- Contact Southern Cross Kayaking for tour schedule.
- Ganguddy-Dunns Swamp campground
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Average level of fitness required.
- Contact Southern Cross Kayaking for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Southern Cross Kayaking on 0439 936 480.
- Please note
- Tours also include a short guided walk.
Glide along the Cudgegong River’s serene waters with your guide from Southern Cross Kayaking, and learn about the many animals that call this place home. Keep an eye out for long-necked turtles and purple swamp hens. If you’re really lucky you might even spot a platypus.
As you paddle, your guide will share knowledge about the awe-inspiring geological features of this stunning World Heritage-listed area, from soaring sandstone escarpments to deep gorges and curious pagoda rock formations.
These half-day tours are also a great way to find out about Aboriginal people’s deep connection with this land they call Ganguddy. Learn how Europeans settled in the area, and the remarkable tale behind the weir that forms the waterway we see today.
Southern Cross Kayaking is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Wollemi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds, North Coast and Country NSW regions
Wollemi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.