Figure Eight Pools adventure with M8 Explorer
Royal National Park
Awaken your inner explorer with an exciting tour of Figure Eight Pools in Royal National Park. Start with a paddle down the Hacking River before trekking down to the pools to discover amazing rock formations, wildlife and spectacular coastal scenery.
Contact M8 Explorer for tour times and dates.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Moderate to high level of fitness required.
- Contact M8 Explorer for pricing.
- Entry fees
Tour price includes park entry fee.
- Please note
- Figure Eight Pools is located on a dangerous rock shelf in Sydney's Royal National Park. Visit with a licensed tour operator or plan your trip carefully using the wave risk forecast.
- This M8 Explorer tour is subject to appropriate and safe weather and wave conditions. If your tour cannot go ahead, you can opt to receive a full refund, select an alternate M8 Explorer experience, or reschedule for another day.
These action-packed guided tours with M8 Explorer will awaken your inner adventurer, while ensuring your trip to Figure Eight Pools is safe.
Tours get underway with a paddle along the serene waters of the Hacking River in Royal National Park. Immerse yourself in this beautiful ecosystem with its tremendous diversity of plants and animals.
After enjoying breakfast on the riverbank, travel with your friendly M8 Explorer guides to the starting point of your trek to the coast and Figure Eight Pools. Be sure to have a camera ready to capture amazing views along the way.
This walk is demanding in places, but the reward is a chance to safely experience these uniquely beautiful rock pools. It's a great place to linger, take a dip, and snap some photos of the stunning scenery. Your heavenly day out also includes a visit to wild and beautiful Burning Palms Beach.
M8 Explorer is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Payment options include Audley Visitor Centre, vehicle entry stations, pay machines and the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass