Exploring Aboriginal art group workshop
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Learn about the connection between Aboriginal art, culture and stories at this hands-on workshop in Blue Mountains National Park.
- Available on request, 7 days per week.
- Katoomba area
- Easy. Suitable for all ages. You’ll walk 1km, including on uneven ground and stairs.
- From $1150 (including GST) per group of up to 20 participants. Maximum of 5 groups (100 participants) per booking.
- Meeting point
- Katoomba area, Blue Mountains National Park.
- Bookings required. Email Blue Mountains Education or phone 02 4784 7301.
- Available on request, 7 days per week. Tour runs 2-3 hours.
- Please note
This tour can be run in other areas. Please discuss when booking.
Gather a group of friends or family and discover the importance of art in creating and sharing stories in Aboriginal culture.
Meet your Aboriginal NPWS guide and hear about their culture, traditions, and stories. You’ll also learn about traditional and contemporary Aboriginal art, symbols, and storytelling.
Apply your new knowledge, get creative, and tell your own story. Enjoy the unique opportunity to create your own artworks, including sand drawing and painting on canvas.
You’ll come away with an artwork to take home and a renewed sense of connection to community and the earth.
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Katoomba area in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.