Cross-country skiing activities in Perisher
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Feel the thrill of carving fresh tracks on the cross-country trails with Perisher X-Country. It’s a beautiful way to experience the alpine environment of Kosciuszko National Park.
Contact Perisher X-Country for a schedule of events and activities.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park in Snowy Mountains
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Perisher X-Country activities cater for all ages and skiing levels. The fitness level required for each activity is dependent on your skiing ability.
Check the Perisher X-Country website for prices and more information on the events and activities on offer.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Entries are usually required for events. Visit Perisher X-Country to register for an event or visit the NSWACT XC's Team Appto book training.
- Please note
- You’ll need a membership to take part in NSWACT XC coaching programs. More information is available through the NSWACT XC’s Team App.
- Sign up to PXC News for the latest on what's happening at Perisher X-Country
- Contact Perisher X-Country for more information about cross-country skiing in Perisher Valley.
Experience the beauty of the Snowy Mountains in Kosciuszko National Park on the cross-country trails with Perisher X-Country.
With terrain to suit all abilities, you can strive to become a cross-country ski racer, or simply enjoy the tranquillity that comes with exploring this unique environment at your own pace.
You’ll find events and activities for all skiing levels at Perisher X-Country. Experience the sport for the first time on a Come and Try Day or enrol in one of the training programs to hone your skills.
If you’re keen for more, visit in early August for Cross Country Ski Week. A week-long celebration of this great sport, you can test yourself in a race, improve your skiing skills or simply have fun in the snow.
For further information or to meet like-minded people, stop by the Nordic Shelter – the base for all cross-country skiing activities in Perisher Valley.
Perisher X-Country is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass