Copeland Tops twilight tour
Copeland Tops State Conservation Area
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Experience the magic of Copeland Tops at twilight. Explore Hidden Treasure track and the historic buildings of Mountain Maid gold mine on this evening tour near Gloucester.
1 April, 7 October, 4 November and 2 December 2022, 7pm to 9pm.
Friday 6 May, 3 June, 1 July, 5 August and 2 September 2022, 6pm to 8pm.
- Mountain Maid gold mine, Copeland Tops State Conservation Area
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 5 years and over. We’ll walk 4km and there are some steep staircase sections.
Adult $20 per person. Child (5 to 16 years) $15 per person. Family (2 adults and 2 children) $60.
- Meeting point
- Copeland Tops State Conservation Area carpark
- What to
- Drinking water, sturdy shoes, snacks, insect repellent, torch
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online. For large organised groups and school tours email or call the NPWS Newcastle Discovery Coordinator on 02 4927 3267.
- Please note
There is no mobile reception in this park.
Soak in the breathtaking scenery of Copeland Tops State Conservation Area with your NPWS guides. We'll meander along Copeland Creek as the sun sets over a canopy of red cedar, grey myrtles, shatterwood and other magnificent rainforest species.
Uncover the mysterious wildlife that call this special place their home, including microbats, brush-tail possums and wompoo pigeons. You'll discover what they eat, where they sleep and how they live in this incredibly diverse environment.
If you're lucky, you may even spot some glow worms or fireflies. Fun for all ages, you'll be amazed at what you discover on this twilight adventure.
Please wear fully enclosed footwear and bring insect repellent, drinking water, snacks and a small torch to guide you. The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you're well-prepared for your visit.
Mountain Maid gold mine and Hidden Treasure track are only accessible through a guided tour.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Copeland Tops State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Copeland Tops State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.