Belfry Cave tour
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve
Caves closed for repairs
All caves in Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve are closed until Sunday 30 April 2023. We're working to repair flood damage and ensure safe access for visitors.
This guided tour of Belfry Cave takes in the upper levels of the Archway at Abercrombie Caves. It's for adventurous spirits – you'll cross a suspension bridge and climb ladders just to get to there.
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for adults and children 7 years and over. Not suitable for children under 7 years. The tour takes about 1 hour.
Adult $33 per person. Senior $30 per person. Pensioner/child $25 per person. Family $83 for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Meeting point
- Abercrombie Caves park office
- Bookings not required. For further information email or phone Abercrombie Caves on 02 6368 8603. Limit 12 people. Minimum 2 adults required for tour to run.
You'll gain a real insight into cave formation – Belfry Cave is an extremely high roof chamber with magnificent views. There are narrow squeezes to negotiate.
Entry to Belfry Cave is by guided tour only. It's a good idea to wear sturdy shoes and bring a camera. Bring a packed lunch if you're planning a day at Abercrombie Caves. There is no mobile phone reception in this park.
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve and caves are open Thursday to Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday). The reserve and caves area open daily during NSW school holidays. Closed Christmas Day.
Things to do (14)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (1)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (2)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Other experiences (1)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Show cave tours (4)
- Sightseeing (2)
- Walking (6)
- Waterfalls (2)