Bare Island Fort guided tour
La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
Join this guided tour to hear about the unpredictable history of Bare Island Fort at La Perouse. We'll cross a 130-year-old wooden bridge and enter a world of fine engineering and great deception.
Tour runs 1.30pm–2.15pm, 2.30pm–3.15pm and 3.30pm–4.15pm. Meet 15 minutes before your tour starts.
Every Sunday, Sunday 3 February 2019 to Sunday 30 June 2019. No tours on Sunday 24 February 2019 or Sunday 12 May 2019.
Tour also available Friday 26 April 2019.
- La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for all ages.
Adult $15 per person. Concession $13 per person. Child $10 per person. Family $45 for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Meeting point
- Cross the wooden bridge and meet at the Bare Island gate.
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online. Group bookings for 25 or more people available on request, phone (02) 9995 6518.
In 1885 concerned British colonists thought an invasion by Russia was imminent. To ease their fears, they built Bare Island Fort to protect Botany Bay (then known as 'Sydney's back door').
Since then, Bare Island Fort in Kamay Botany Bay National Park has developed a fascinating history. It's been an object of military pride. It's also been a place of shocking scandals and hidden secrets. In recent years it's even been the location for some great action sequences in a blockbuster movie. Join this guided tour of the fort and find out much more ... including the name of that movie.
- NSW National Parks and Wildlife
- 1300 072 757
- in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–8.30pm November to March. 7am–7.30pm April to October
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are no park entry fees in La Perouse area but you'll need to pay to tour Bare Island.Buy an annual pass.
- Nielsen Park office
02 9337 5511
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW 2030
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nielsen Park office