Bare Island and Cape Banks ultimate day tour
La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
Uncover the wealth of history along the shores of La Perouse, Kamay Botany Bay National Park. From a shipwreck to the Henry Head fortifications, there's plenty to delve into on this guided tour.
Tour times: 9.30am to 3pm. Meet at 9.15am
Tour dates: Sunday 23 February, Thursday 27 February, Thursday 16 April, Sunday 26 April, Thursday 11 June and Sunday 28 June 2020
- La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. This is a 6.1km walk on unformed tracks and some unstable surfaces. Suitable for adults and teenagers 16 years and over.
Adult $35 per person. Concession $30 per person.
- Meeting point
- The snake pit in Cann Park, Anzac Parade
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, lunch, snacks, sturdy shoes, suitable clothing, sunscreen
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Join a guided tour of Henry Head, Cape Banks and Bare Island at La Perouse. The northern side of Kamay Botany Bay National Park has a rich history. On this walk we'll sift through the many layers of it.
Discover the journeys of the First Fleet and La Perouse the explorer. Explore the Henry Head fortifications, linked to the Bare Island fortification. You'll also visit the 1930s depression camp, the wreck of the SS Minmi and the historic coastal cemetery at Cape Banks.
After a BYO lunch, we'll cross a 130-year-old bridge to Bare Island and immerse ourselves a world of military engineering and deception.
We'll walk a little over 6km on this busy day tour, so remember to wear clothes to suit the weather and enclosed shoes.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–8.30pm November to March. 7am–7.30pm April to October
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are no park entry fees in La Perouse area but you'll need to pay to tour Bare Island. Park entry fees apply in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, only.Buy annual pass