Australian Alps novice ski touring course
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Challenge yourself and expand your horizons on a 5-day winter expedition in the Snowy Mountains. Travelling with the experienced guides of Icetrek Expeditions, you'll learn new backcountry skills in the high country around Mount Kosciuszko, Australia’s highest peak.
- Contact Icetrek Expeditions for tour schedule.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Moderate level physical fitness required.
- Contact Icetrek Expeditions for pricing.
- Entry fees
Tour price includes park entry fee.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Icetrek Expeditions on 03 6223 1450.
- Please note
- You will be on the snow for 5 days.
- You may experience up to 6 hours of exposure to the elements at a time.
If you’re new to winter backcountry adventure and want to learn from the experts, try this 5-day trip through the alpine winter wonderland of Kosciuszko National Park with Icetrek Expeditions.
Towing small sleds with everything you need, together you'll ski and snow shoe across the rooftop of Australia. Your expert guides will show you how to make a snow camp high in the Australian Alps, and even take you to the snowy summit of Mount Kosciuszko. It's a great way to gain the knowledge and confidence you need to safely embark on your own winter adventures.
Icetrek Expeditions is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass
Things to do (124)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (6)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (11)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (18)
- Educational activities (1)
- Fishing (8)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (14)
- Horse riding (5)
- Other experiences (3)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (22)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (6)
- Show cave tours (6)
- Sightseeing (28)
- Snow sports (27)
- Swimming (8)
- Visitor centres (5)
- Walking (51)
- Waterfalls (9)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (14)