Traditional weaving workshop: Killalea
Killalea Regional Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Join this weaving workshop at Killalea Regional Park these school holidays. It's a great introduction to Aboriginal culture. You'll have the privilege of being taught by a senior Aboriginal NPWS guide.
Wednesday 19 April 2023, 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Killalea Regional Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 10 years and older.
Adult/child $25 per person
- Meeting point
- Meet at the grassed area in front of the Farm Kiosk (Frasers Headland).
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes, drinking water, snacks
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Visit Killalea Regional Park, between Shellharbour and Kiama, and learn how to weave with grasses, reeds and natural materials. After you’ve honed your skills, you’ll have the opportunity to weave your own souvenir to take home with you.
As you explore your creative side, your guide will share how Aboriginal women weave baskets, carry bags and other items for daily use. You’ll discover how these ancient skills and practices carry a strong cultural connection for local Aboriginal women.
All material will be supplied on the day.
Wear enclosed shoes, a hat and sun cream. Bring drinking water and a snack.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Killalea Regional Park in the South Coast region
Things to do (75)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (21)
- Cafes and kiosks (3)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (1)
- Historic heritage (6)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (13)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (8)
- Sightseeing (48)
- Surfing (2)
- Swimming (2)
- Visitor centres (4)
- Walking (38)
- Waterfalls (25)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (13)