NYE Goat Island
Sydney Harbour National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Ring in the new year on Goat Island – Me-mel, located between the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Balmain. You'll enjoy uninterrupted views of the Sydney fireworks from this outstanding vantage point.
Saturday 31 December 2022. Ferries leave at 6.30pm and 7.15pm.
- Goat Island, Sydney Harbour National Park
- No wheelchair access
Adult (16 years and over) $227.46. Children (5 to 15 years) $152.42. Children under 5 years free. Ticket price includes a booking transaction and ferry transfers.
- Meeting point
- Meet with your ticket at Barangaroo Ferry Wharf at least 30 minutes before your ferry departs.
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, suitable clothing, raincoat, sturdy shoes
- Buy tickets on the Moshtix website by clicking on the 'Book now' button. Or contact Moshtix Ticket Support.
- Please note
- There are limits to what you can bring to Goat Island, because of the ferry's restricted carrying capacity. You can bring hand luggage that you can carry on your lap on the trip to the island.
- For general questions about this event, phone NSW National Parks on 1300 072 757.
- Capacity: 780 people
Bring the family along to Goat Island to welcome in 2023. Relax and enjoy a picnic dinner while you count down to the 9pm and midnight fireworks. You'll have front row views of these spectacular displays.
You can't buy food or drinks on Goat island, so you'll need to bring your own picnic dinner, snacks and a responsible amount of alcohol. You might also want to pack a picnic rug, torch and a radio, so you can settle in and listen to the NYE broadcast.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass