Mummel Forest Road
Mummel Gulf National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mummel Forest Road.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Mummel Forest Road is in Mummel Gulf National Park. To get there:
- From Oxley Highway, take Enfield Road and drive for approximately 12km, turning right into Mummel Forest Road.
- From Nowendoc, take Brackendale Road and then turn right onto Mummel Forest Road.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mummel Gulf National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The forest is in bloom in spring; keep an eye out for greenhood orchids on the forest floor.
Take advantage of the forest shade while the coast and western slopes are hot. At night, boobook owls can be heard milling about the campground.
Light snow sometimes falls in winter, combining with misty mornings to create an evocative atmosphere.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 28.5°C
6.1°C and 19.2°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- There is limited water available in this park, so it's a good idea to bring your own.
- Visitors are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
Firewood may not be collected from the park.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
If you're travelling through a national park or reserve on a public road you can have pets inside your vehicle. However, you must keep them inside your vehicle while driving through national parks or reserves. You must also comply with any conditions in the park’s plan of management, and you cannot stop to visit the park or use park facilities (unless for safety reasons, or to use publicly accessible toilets).
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354
- in Mummel Gulf National Park in the Country NSW region
Mummel Gulf National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.