Mummel Forest Road
Mummel Gulf National Park
Mummel Forest Road is a scenic car touring route between Wauchope and Walcha that offers forest views and opportunities for cycling, picnics and bushwalking.
- Mummel Gulf National Park
- 17km one-way
- Time suggested
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable and this park is in a remote location, so please ensure you're thoroughly prepared, bring appropriate clothing and equipment and advise a family member or friend of your travel plans.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
Whether you’re looking for a scenic drive, or heading to the park for a weekend of camping and bushwalking, Mummel Forest Road offers a great opportunity for an enjoyable nature getaway.
Suitable for 2WD (dry weather only), it’s a scenic car touring or cycling route between Wauchope and Walcha that traverses 17km of the beautiful mountain forest for which Mummel Gulf National Park is so well-known. With beautiful forest vistas and places to picnic along the way, it makes a picturesque alternative to driving on the main roads.
Enjoy the cooler temperatures in the forest during summer, and in winter you’ll probably see snow alongside the road. You’re also likely to see wildlife like swamp wallabies, red-necked wallabies and wombats along the roadside, especially at dusk and early morning. You might even catch a glimpse of a lyrebird as they dart back into the forest.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354
- in Mummel Gulf National Park in the Country NSW region
Mummel Gulf National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.