Lower Snowy drive (Barry Way)
Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Lower Snowy drive (Barry Way).
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Lower Snowy drive is in the southern (Lower Snowy) precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there from Snowy Region Visitor Centre:
- Drive 1.5km along Kosciuszko Road
- Turn left onto Barry Way and drive 37.3km south to the park entry sign
Park entry points
For most of its length, Barry Way is unsealed. It’s steep, narrow and winding. Watch for minor rock falls and potholes especially after rain.
Parking is available at several attractions along Lower Snowy drive.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Wheelchair-accessible toilets and picnic tables.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
If you're transiting through a national park or reserve on a public road, pets must remain within the vehicle.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass